Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bordering On Romance Blender Pen and Marker Tutorial

Today I'd like to share with you in detail how to color with markers and a blender pen on Crumb Cake card stock.
This was my original card I made using this technique.
Here's a set of cards I have up for sale on Ebay right now.

Start by embossing your image in white on Crumb Cake card stock.
 Add your base color.  In this case I used Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Blush Blossom and Lucky Limeade.  I used the brush tip end and if you click on the photo to get a larger view, you'll see it's kind of messy and there is color on the white embossing lines.  This will clean up later when you use your blender pen, and if it doesn't, you can give the image a light rub with a soft cloth or tissue to clean up the emobossing lines.
To show you the next step, I added color to an image that does not have base color.  I wanted you to see clearly where I added the next, darker color.  IMPORTANT: Do not add all of these lines at once.  Add them one at a time, blending each before you move on to the next section of your design.  I only added them all at once to this image so you could see all shading areas and how LITTLE you actually add.
 As you add each layer of darker color, use your blender pen to lightly color in small circles to blend and move color along edges of design as shown above.  When you blend each line as you add it, it will actually blend in much better than what you see above. The image above was blended after adding all the darker lines. Hopefully, you get the idea.
The next step is to add a outline of Sahara Sand marker around the outside edge of the entire design.  If you click on the image, you should be able to see a larger version of the photo.
Here's the completed image on a card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
You can purchase all the supplies needed to create your own cards and projects using this marker/blender pen technique in my online Stampin' Up! Store.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'd love to hear from you.  Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.  Take a look below to see all the "happenings".
Have a fabulous day!
Kelly
Do you have the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog?  You can still get a FREE NEW CATALOG sent to you right away, with any order type (online, phone, email) of $50 or more until the end of JUNE 2012. Choose from new products, clearance rack, digital, anything!  Go online now, place your order, and get a free new catalog in the mail from me! You'll also earn your Rose Reward for your $50 order.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card - Love this stamp set! Just stopped by from SC, I hope you stop by my blog and follow me too:) http://www.lauraleestamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly-Rose this is a stunning set of cards and I just loved the step-by-step tutorial. You explained things so clearly. I am going to use your examples although change the colour scheme a little for a class down the track, I will credit you with the lesson and refer people to your blog which is just awesome by the way. Thanks for sharing and being so indpirational.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...